Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hi guys,

It's been a pretty long while since I've blogged here, and so much has happened since my last post. I finished my first quarter of business school, which I must say feels so odd. The distance of time between now and last September when I first moved away from San Francisco seems so stretched out -- like a hundred years have passed. I already feel like a different person in many ways even though this is still just the beginning.

Anyhow, I did manage to squeeze in a trip to Munich to celebrate NYE over winter break. My dear friend Nicole is living there for the year and showed me the best time ever! Highlights include a visit to the amazing Neuschwanstein castle in the Bavarian alps; eating all of the pretzels; drinking all of the beers; and swimming in an old bath house in the center of town. We had the opportunity to watch a screening of our friend Liza's film, Strange Little Cat. We saw some pretty crazy museum exhibits and had dinner party on new year's day. I was particularly impressed with the city's insistence on spending time outdoors despite the chilly weather. Biergartens, winter markets and outdoor seating at cafes were all very much in use. 

I really enjoyed getting to know Munich on a deeper level and understanding what it means to live in a German city. I have traveled extensively in Europe (and Germany most of all), but never had the opportunity to absorb so much of a city's rhythm as I did on this trip. It was an unforgettable experience. 

I took about 400 photos, but here are just a few.




















 






No comments:

Post a Comment